Michael Thal and The Legend of Koolura

Michael L. Thal, an accomplished freelancer, is the author of The Legend of Koolura and Goodbye Tchaikovsky. He has written and published over eighty articles for magazines and newspapers including Highlights for Children, The Los Angeles Times, and San Diego Family Magazine. You can learn more about him at www.michaelthal.com.

On February 18th, Michael's Novel, The Legend of Koolura will be free on Amazon

 The Legend of Koolura tells the story of a sixth grade girl and how she obtained the cool powers. She has the ability to dematerialize at will and reappear where she chooses. She can move objects with her mind and she can even defy gravity!
 
But will these powers be of any use in stopping a stalker intent on her destruction? The stalker is determined to retrieve Koolura’s unrealized cool powers and hurt any of her friends who get into his way.
 
As the hour approaches for Koolura’s final confrontation with her nemesis, she may finally find vengeance to the man who killed her mother.

 
Where does Michael Thal call home?

 

I live in Sherman Oaks, CA.

 

What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say? 

 

Solstice Publishing is preparing my most recent book for publication. Koolura and the Mystery at Camp Saddleback is the sequel novel to The Legend of Koolura. Here’s a quick summary: Koolura, a girl with amazing psychic powers, attends a summer sleep-away camp in the mountains outside of Santa Barbara only to discover that her powers have evaporated and crude boys are making devilish pranks against her cabin.

 

What or who inspired you to start writing?

 

And how long have you been writing? My college history professor, Dr. Abosch inspired my writing. He gave us many writing assignments needing in depth analysis teaching me to look deeper into an assignment and expressing my findings clearly and concisely. A novelist needs those tools to develop characters, setting and plot. My first novel was The Light: An Alien Abduction.  I started writing that back in the late 1970s. That’s when the writing bug hit. I’ve been writing ever since.

 

Do you have any advice for other writers?

 

And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing? My advice to writers would be never give up. For example, I sent queries for The Legend of Koolura to 160 publishers and agents before its acceptance by Solstice Publishing. So take the advice that someone once gave me: “Believe in yourself, and when you do, so will others.”

 

Where can your readers find you?

 

My readers can learn about my books at http://www.michaelthal.com. I have a weekly column about children, parenting, and educational issues on the Examiner at http://www.examiner.com/academic-success-in-los-angeles/michael-thal.
 
 

Comments

  1. Really impressed! Everything is very, very clear, open is a description of dog supplies wholesale, Cheap Dog Beds the problem. It contains the information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Give me Wings by Joy Redmond

Koolura and the Mayans (Koolura series Book 3) by Michael Thal