The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

Welcome to the Next Big Thing Blog Hop where we will be hopping our way to various blogs to find out what fellow authors are working on.  At this stop, I will be answering 10 questions on my work in progress. Thank you Joss Landry for tagging me to participate.
Well, here it goes, here are my 10 questions along with the answer. I hope you enjoy.





What is the working title of your book?
 
The working title of my work in progress is Undercover Hero. I intend to change this title as it’s a whole lot too cliché.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
 
Undercover Hero isn’t my usual genre. I wanted to try something new. The idea came from simply sitting my butt down and brainstorming until I came up with something workable. It’s ever evolving as I write.

What genre does your book fall under?
 
The genre is a romantic intrigue.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
 
I’ve never thought to that but I see Aiden Rourke as Gerard Butler and Lily Valier as Kate Beckinsale.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
 
Detective falls in love with a woman accused of murdering her sister.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I will more than likely send the manuscript to the publisher of my first novel, Invisible.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
It’s still a work in progress but I’m almost halfway done. I’d say all tolled, it will probably take a good eight months to get the first draft down. I’m a bit of a perfectionist and go over and over my chapters before moving onto the next one.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
After I had my outline done, my husband told me it reminded him of an Al Pacino movie called The Sea of Love. I haven’t seen the movie and don’t want to because I don’t want it to influence me.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
I was inspired by the challenge. Romance is a genre I’ve never written before and wanted to see how I liked it.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
 
Hot, sexy steamy characters who get themselves into a lot of trouble.
 
 
Here are the people I've tagged to participate in the blog hop for next week:
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Hi, Jeanne,

    Hope you're making progress with Undercover Hero. Haven't been on the site lately. Editing and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, thanks for stopping by. Yes, I've been working away on Undercover Hero but not hard enough. I've been all over the place lately ... doing promotion for INVISIBLE and writing another novel entitled INCARNATE. But, I will finish Undercover Hero before getting too involved in writing Incarnate.

      How have you been? I've missed you, my friend :)

      Jeanne

      Delete
  2. I thought I'd checked in to see this post, but obviously I did not! So sorry. Hope the book is coming along.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Koolura and the Mayans (Koolura series Book 3) by Michael Thal

Guest Blogger, Andrea Buginsky, stops by chat about writing with a disability