Writing after the contract is signed

Okay, the publication contract for Invisible has been signed and I'm still waiting on an editor to be assigned to me. But in the meantime, what do I do? I've busied myself with social networking, Twitter, Face Book, blogging, trying to create a following (which incidentally is not an easy feat). But what about writing? I don't have the slightest inclination to write. As a matter of fact I'd rather clean my house, give my dog a bath, do the grocery shopping (a chore I revile), flick on the boob tube to watch mindless reality TV - suddenly Cake Boss is the most interesting thing in the world!

Writing after knowing you're on your way to completing your life long dream of having a novel published is HARD. It's as if I've climbed my own personal Mount Everest and reached the summit and now all I want to do is rest. This, however, is not the hallmark of a professional. I'm smart enough to realize that if I ever want to make a living as a writer, I've got to get up off my butt and place said butt in chair and not move until I've been productive.

Anyone want to share words of wisdom? Any helpful hints to get the writing juices flowing?

Coming soon...An interview with author Susan Stec of The Grateful Undead: They're so Vein http://thegratefulundead.blogspot.com/

Comments

  1. No, because I am the same! Hi Jeanne. I can totally understand that you need to comeg up for air after the marathon effort required to get your novel finished. I would suggest you enjoy a space because once an editor gets onto you, the time will be crammed with re-writes and edits. IMO, you shouldn't worry too much about writing if you don't feel you can, because whatever you do will probably be unproductive right now. Once you have the book taken out of your hands and you can't keep pecking at it, then is the time to get busy again!!! That's my take on it :) I am so happy for you and wish you all the best and hugs from Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Diana. I so appreciate your advice and kind wishes. You're a wise lady :) Hugs right back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the rest. The time will come when you don't even have time to scratch your head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh now, Joy. I don't do well with stress ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Give me Wings by Joy Redmond

Koolura and the Mayans (Koolura series Book 3) by Michael Thal